Saturday, February 24, 2007

HDTV shopping, and I'm looking for suggestions




Ok, the wife and I are doing the homework, hunting on the web, stopping into electronics stores.

But the REAL research we need in hunting up an HDTV set, 37-42 inch range, is from those folks who are LIVING with one. Plasma or LCD, projection or flat screen?

We want brand and store suggestions, with picture, price, installation considerations taken into account (something you don't have to spend $900 extra bucks on to receive HDTV off-air, not over cable).

Funny enough Roger I'm looking for an HDTV myself for my dorm room. 20-26 inches at most, under $500, and just like you I would like to have a built-in HD tuner. I've been hunting lately and found some good sites that have some pretty good deals. Tigerdirect.com or PowerSellerNYC.com have some pretty darn good deals. Check 'em out.


Good tips. I am hearing Costco is a great place to score an in-store purchase (less worries over repairs-replacement when you have human beings to bitch at in person).
Hunting hunting hunting we go. It has to show Master and Commander with an ocean of 433 colors, that's my bottom line.

No comments: