Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Westinghouse 42″ LVM-42W2 LCD 1080P HDTV Monitor


This is the fifth entry in our $600 gadget contest and Erik has done us proud by including both a promotion picture and a review, nice one Erik now over to the review.

For the $1400 price tag, I just could not say “No.” to this great HDTV Monitor. True, it does not have an HDTV tuner included, but as I haven’t used my regular TV antennae in over 8 years, I figured it was a moot point. It worked great right out of the box, and at just under 60 lbs, it was easy to transport from my work (where it was delivered) to my home, and just as easy to place on top of my 4 foot high entertainment center.

It comes with a plethora of inputs (1xVGA, 1x Composite video, 1x S-video, 2x Component video, 2x DVI-HDCP, 2x RCA Phono, and 1x Mini stereo audio 3.5mm) so it was easy to connect my different peripherals. I currently have my HDTV cable box, pc, dvd/vcr and ps2 connected, all with their own dedicated connection, although with the input/output connectors located on the middle back section facing right and left makes it very easy to switch things around. I have mine mounted on the included stand, but the connection setup makes it very easy to wall-mount and still be able to easily reach your connectors.

No comments: