Monday, March 19, 2007

Making HDTV buying less fuzzy


I work for a TV station and haven't even bought a new set yet, then again that could be the reason people call me cheap. While that might be true, there is a lot more to it than just that. Too many questions surround the buying process and probably like you, I've heard too many horror stories. In fact, some family members of mine were sold components they didn't even need!

Choices are great, don't get me wrong, but when it comes to digital TV, the choices can be a little mind boggling. For example, how do you know which type of television set to buy? Go to your closest TV store and you have choices like CRT (Cathode Ray Tube), DLP (Digital Light Processing), LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) and Plasma (I didn't know donating blood was an option!). Sorry, I only have a four year degree - I didn't realize it would take a PhD to buy a TV set.

"It's important to understand the advantages and disadvantages of each type of HDTV," says Angie Hicks, founder of Angie's List. "Researching the different options will help you purchase the HDTV that best fits your needs and budget. You should consider the size of the room where you'll watch the HDTV. For example, an LCD makes a great space saver for a room because of their slim and lightweight design."

No comments: